Here are some ways you can volunteer and partner with King’s Compassion to help the elderly poor:
Visitation in their homes, nursing home or hospital
- Building friendships and relationships
- Listening as they share their life experiences and adviceSharing about Jesus with them
- Praying for them
Minor Home Repairs
Mowing, edging, trimming, clipping, raking, etc.
- Gardening and pulling weeds
Light Plumbing-leaky faucets, replace fixtures
- Light Carpentry-interior and exterior; Painting-interior and exterior
- Storage Spaces-clear out and organization
- Misc.-power wash, change batteries, locks/deadbolts and light bulbs, clean gutters
- This is not an all-inclusive list.
Provide 2 bags to each person/family in need
- Provide fans, heaters, and furniture as available.
Future Volunteer Opportunities
BBQ lunches or dinners and theme parties
- Health screenings
- Education sessions regarding their health coverage, nutrition, the rights of the elderly, etc.